- This event has passed.
ECM Fall Recital/PlayDate
November 10, 2018 @ 9:00 am - 6:45 pm
Early Childhood Music in Concert
at the East Hall I of the VBC
November 10th, 2018
Our Fall Recital PlayDate Event is going to be amazing. We believe this may be one of the best Early Childhood Music events in the last 20 years, and we’ve had some wonderful events!
This event is a combination Fall-Christmas recital and a PlayDate for our Early Childhood Music (ECM) Department. (The ECM Department includes the Kids N Keys students.)
PERFORMANCE CENTERS: Centers of Performance will be featured around the East Hall of the Von Braun Center for group musical presentations.
- Babies and Toddlers will be performing on our Happy Birthday Jesus Stage
- Music N Motion (3-4 years) will be performing on Christmas Around the World Stage
- Pre and Kids n Keys Levels Pre- 7 will be performing on guitar, rhythm ensembles and recorder ensembles on their own stage.
- The GRAND PIANO will be center focus for SOLOS from ALL STUDENTS!
PLAYDATE: After approximately one hour of recitals by various age-students, the East Hall will turn into a wonderful, musical PLAYDATE for children.
- The Bridge Street Choo-Choo Train will be available for train rides for you and your guests!
- We have reserved 4 large inflatable games for different age groups to have a wonderful time with your friends and their parents.
- Many other fun activities for all age students and your guests.
VENDORS: Child-friendly Vendors are invited to set up a booth.
- Don’t want to deal with a booth, but want to help, you might sponsor the Choo-Choo Train.
- We will play Vendor Bingo, where all guests will come visit your booth to complete their Card.
- All completed cards will go in a drawing for door prizes at the end of the event, maximizing the exposure to your booth.
- If interested in being a part of the fun for exposure to 800-1000 of our students and guests, please contact Ms. Jill Burton.
PERFORMANCE GIFTS FOR PERFORMING STUDENTS
- All Early Childhood Music Performers will receive a performance gift at the end of their PlayDate.
MUSICAL PERFORMANCES ALL DAY!
- Our Perfect Praise Celebration Band (made up of KNK graduates) will be featured for intermittent performances
- And … of course the grand piano will be centrally located for solo performances of all ages throughout the day
We need help setting up, taking down and orchestrating this event. Thank you in advance! Sign up here.
- 6 a.m. – 8:45 a.m. Set up at the VBC
- 6:45 p.m. Take down and unload at the school.
- Your event fee covers admission into the recital portion of our event for student’s family and all guests.
- The PlayDate portion of our event requires an Event Armband for siblings (over 18 months) and guests of all ages who want to participate.
- The cost for the student’s Event Armband is covered by their event fee and will be issued at the door during sign-in.
- A Partner Event Armband is included for one partner of students under 5 years, and for our students with special needs, so that you may ride the train with your child.
- Non-student siblings (over 18 months) and invited guests (of all ages) are invited to have fun in our Play Date with a purchased Event Armband. (Adults will need an armband to ride the train!)
- Cost is $5.45 per armband and may be pre-ordered, and will also be available at the door.
SCHEDULE: The complete schedule is shown below. If your child’s suggested performance time doesn’t meet with your needs, you may request another performance time. Changes may be made in the lobby’s copy of the schedule after Fall Break. So that we don’t miss anything, we ask that all schedule changes be made to this written event schedule only. No texts, calls or emails please.
Group One Performance and Play Date:
- 9:00 a.m. Doors open
- 9:15 a.m. – 10:00 Group One Performances
- Tuesday 440 Tots Class together with Friday 1015 Tots Class
- Monday 600 Music N Motion Class
- Kids N Keys Levels Pre KNK and other signups (15 students max) Will perform rhythm ensembles together.
- 10:00 – 11:15 Play Date
Group Two Performance and Play Date:
- 11:30 a.m. Doors open
- 11:45 – 12:30 p.m. Group Two Performances
- Tuesday 615 Tots Class
- Tuesday 520 Music N Motion Class
- Kids N Keys Level 1 (15 students max) Will perform rhythm ensembles together.
- 12:30 p.m. – 1:45 p.m. Play Date
Group Three Performance and Play Date
- 2:00 p.m. Doors open
- 2:15 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. Group Three Performances
- Thursday 530 Music4Me
- Wednesday 515 Music N Motion Class
- Kids N Keys Levels 3 and 4 (17 students max) Will perform recorder group and rhythm ensembles together.
- 3:00 p.m. – 4:15 p.m. Play Date
Group Four Performance and Play Date
- 4:30 p.m. Doors open
- 4:45- 5:30 Group Four Performances
- Wednesday 440 Tots Class
- Friday 11 a.m. Music N Motion Class
- Kids N Keys Levels 5-6 (17 students max) Will perform recorder, guitar and group ensembles together.
- 5:30 p.m. – 6:45 p.m. Play Date
There is a parking fee ($5-$10) depending on where you park at the VBC. So be prepared. We have been notified that lots of activities are going on at the center Saturday, so allow extra time to park and walk.
- Early Childhood Music students who have a conflict with November 10th’s event, may perform their solo at the Cooper House Event on Wednesday November 28, Friday November 30 or Saturday- Dec 1st.
- Sign ups will be in the Lobby after Fall Break.
- The Cooper House Event will not include all the ECM activities, of course, but your child will receive the FREE GIFT that will be given out at the Nov 10th date.
- Check out the details for the Cooper House Christmas Event.
Got questions not covered here, please contact Mrs. Koleta Mitchell by email at email@example.com. The day of the event, you may reach us there at 256-682-2131.